Thread: Sad news
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Sad news

And now we have Jibril Abdul-Hafeez and 'Reverend' William Curtis...........

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07168/794899-53.stm

Quote:
"Who's responsible? This city has been responsible for [people living in poverty] for years and years. How can you arrest and prosecute these women for neglect, and you won't prosecute the past leaders of this city for neglect?"
Unfreakingbelievable. When in doubt (and when you have a chance to push your own issues) pass the blame onto others. Very responsible and excellent message to send to others. Good job 'Reverend'.

Quote:
"What does it matter? Five angels have died! Who cares what happened and how it happened and when it happened?
This guy should be shaking down the Penguins....he's good.

Anways, thank you Mr. Kanakis.

Poverty is not what caused these tragic deaths

I was quite shocked and very much offended at Jibril Abdul-Hafeez's and the Rev. William Curtis' comments at the funeral for the five victims of the recent tragic fire ("Tearful Good-Bye for 5 Lost 'Angels,' " June 17). No, sirs, these children did not die from poverty. These children did not die from anything the city did or failed to do.

Quite simply, these children died because their biological mothers made a decision to leave seven young children unsupervised, according to police ("Children Untended as Deadly Fire Swept City Home," June 19). Police are investigating whether they went to a bar. The mothers were not victims of a lack of child care, poverty or anything more than a woefully inadequate sense of maternal responsibility.

The Rev. Curtis asked, "What does it matter? ... Who cares what happened and how it happened and when it happened?"

I, for one, will tell you, sir. I did not know these children; do not know their mothers or their families. I do, however, know this: These children deserved better, as all children do. These children deserved parents dedicated to their health, safety and well-being. I will not allow you to use them as pawns to promote your own agendas. These children were victims of parental neglect and nothing more. Your attempts at minimizing this fact are both insulting and disrespectful to their memory.

GEORGE KANAKIS
Point Breeze

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07171/795481-110.stm

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 06-22-2007 at 09:31 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote