View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #27
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Steel Curtain Wall

That is my new wallpaper...IMHO the Steel Curtain was the greatest defense of all time.I'd say that,even if I wasn't a Steelers fan.What other defense can boast four Hall-of-Famers (#47 Mel Blount,#58 Jack Lambert,#75 Joe Green,#59 Jack Ham) from one defensive squad?None that I can think of!

The 1976 Steelers had the best defense of ALL TIME,and if we had Rocky or Franco in the AFCCG that year,we would have gone on and won the Super Bowl instead of the filthy Raiders.

What other defense can boast these stats in ONE SEASON:

In one stretch of 8 games the Steelers defense gave up only 22 points,and had 5 shut outs.Most of those points,16 to be exact,came in a game with the Houston Oilers.They yeilded only three points apiece to Miami and Cinncinati...and shut out the Giants,Chargers,Chiefs,Bucs,and Oilers.At one point in this streak of nasty defense,the Steelers went 22 consecutive quarters,5 1/2 games,without giving up a TD.

That season,the defense gave up a total of just 138 points in 14 games.

The Purple People Eaters from Minnesota can't say that.Neither can the Dallas Doomsday Defense,Miami's No-Name Defense,the 1985 Bears Defense,or the 2000 Ravens Defense.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote