Thread: steelers draft
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104
Default Re: steelers draft

I think overall it was a pretty decent draft.

Timmons was in my point of view the choice to make since Revis wasnt there anymore.
Woodley was a good pick and I was happy with his arrival.We all know that it's a matter of time til Coach Tomlin brings the 4-3 scheme so we needed to be prepared for that and Woodley and Timmons are going to be usefull on both scheme.

The pick of Matt Spaeth was a deception for me,because I wanted Michael Bush so badly,but I know a lot of people in here are not sold on Bush,so I wont spend too much time on that pick.

Sepulveda was a must for this organisation.Gardocki was stealing 1 million from our cap room,and he had tough time last year,specially agains those rat birds when they kept us inside our 20 for a while he just wasnt able to get our team good field position.

McBean could be a steal.He's got the tools to be a decent starter in the NFL,and help this D-Line in the near future.

Baker did great things with FSU,but I hope he's not going to end up like Fred Gibson that we drafted 2 years ago and just didnt make the team even though we didnt have tall WR.

My favorite pick was Timmons and Sepulveda.
My question mark pick: Matt Spaeth & Cam Stephenson cause even if He's a good TE,we could have spend that pick on a big RB or even a good DB,OL and wait til the 5th round to get a decent TE.

As far as Stephenson is concerned,I dont know the guy,but I would have love to get Doug Dattish instead.

My own view of the draft
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote