View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Finally....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
First of all, the IMPOSSIBILITY of a boycott. You have all said yourselves how unlikely it is.
I said walking out during a game and protesting will probably not work. Although I do feel not attending all together will.

Quote:
Then you slam people FOR GOING TO GAMES. Shame on you.
I don't care if people want to waste their money on a piece of shit product. Just don't come home after that game and complain about how bad they suck and how you want new ownership. If your dumb enough to attend those games night after night and give your money to McClatchy and Nutting, you deserve a bad team. Shame on you for making an assumption instead of asking questions before you open your mouth.

Quote:
Can you not see the fireworks from outside the stadium? So saying that people are JUST going for the fireworks. Ok...
Besides the point. There's a reason why they sell out during every firework night. I doubt it's because of the fantastic display of MLB the Pirates have put on for the last 15 years. Give me a break.

Quote:
(After, of course, I respond to the inevitable blasting I will receive for this.)
Well, when you tell people "shame on you" after making your assumptions you damn well better believe it.

Quote:
The Pirates are only worth a damn when they are winning?
Not at all. If I only kept my season tickets and supported teams when they were good I would have dropped my Penguin season tickets four years ago and my Steeler season tickets back in the early 80's. It's the fact that this Pirate team has been bad for so long and the future is not looking much better. The ownership group has proven time and time again that they don't give a flying shit about me so why should I care about them? It's been 15 years man and it's not looking up. What do you expect people to do?

Quote:
What the hell happened to the love of the game.
I still do love the game. I just don't love the game enough to take it up the *** from ownership every night and give them my hard earned cash. Sorry.

Quote:
Best case scenario with a boycott? They move the team. Then we have no Pirates, because some people couldn't deal with the Pirates not being the Red Sox or the Yankees.
Personally, I don't expect to be the Yankees or Red Sox. But I do expect a better product than I have seen over the past 15 years. This is the most pathetic sports franchise in all of sports. Sorry for expecting more out of my team.

Quote:
The Steelers have spoiled this city with their success.
The Steelers have nothing to do with this nor do the Penguins. The Pirates put themselves in this hole and deserve all the heat they are taking.

Quote:
Move to Boston.
My tax dollars helped pay for that ball park. Ownership promised a better product. If anybody should be moving it should be Nutting and McClatchy. But why would they? They have suckers walking inside PNC park night after night like zombies buying into the B.S. they spew year after year after year.