Thread: Finally....
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #30
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Finally....

I'm not exactly sure what some people expect other's to do. You think a guy with a family of three or four wants to give his money to an ownership group who has proven time and time again that they don't give a damn about their fans? That's not a cheap night out on the town.

We are talking about the Pirates here. The biggest joke in all of sport. I'm not expecting them to win a World Series anytime in the near future. I'm not expecting them to make a playoff push. But I am expecting them to crack .500 for the first time in 15 years. I know, I know, that's so much to ask for from somebody who's tax dollars helped pay for that ball park with the promise that they will put out a better product. I know, how greedy of me. I'm just spoiled, that's all. I don't know what in the hell I'm thinking. I should just put on my Nutting and McClatchy sunglasses and buy their B.S. propoganda.

Bottomline: When you have a team that has been this bad for this long and there is no end in site, you damn well better believe people will stop attending. Fireworks, bobbleheads, the view, "the love of the game" and the beauty of the park can only sucker most people in for so long before they finally say "ENOUGH". Keep watching that attendance drop. That's all it's doing. Apparently I'm not the only who's finally fed up.