Old 06-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #30
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Tired of losing, Pirates fans plot protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I'm afraid I'd have to agree.

Just do what other smart fans are doing. Cancel your tickets and don't attend the games at all. Boycott the team. Some protest isn't going to help anything. You're still attending the stadium, and that still puts money in the Nuttings' pockets. Empty stadiums and empty pockets hurt more than protests.
While I agree Edman that it won't work, it's good to know that the media has picked up on this story and it is getting/gaining attention. That alone is better than business as normal in Pirate La-La Land. You have to remember, some of the people finally walking out on these bums are people who own season ticket packages (like the gentlemen who are in charge of the walk out) for this season. Unfortunately they already wasted their money.

When all is said and done though, empty stadiums and pockets for the remainder of this season and next season in particular would have Nutting and McClatchy thinking twice about owning a ball team. McClatchy would end up moving his @ss back to California and Nutting would go back under the rock he slithered out from.