tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,084 Times in 4,585 Posts
Default Re: Anyone see this...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
I couldn't believe they tried the first pitch play to Parker when ball security at that point was crucial let alone to think about trying it again on the other side.

There's no doubt Bettis should have been in there on that first OT series. Cowher and Whisenhunt deserve the criticism.
critisism? maybe. the blame? no. the gamefilm showed the coaches had called the perfect play. if tommy fumbled the ball to pitch it to parker why would he not fumble it turning around to hand it to the bus? out of coaches control. plus it wouldve been much easier with less risk to walk the ball into the endzone for 6 pts. than to try to kick it into the wind at 35-40 yds for 3. bad snap on the kick, blocked kick or missed fg wera all things that couldve possible gone wrong. so why did maddox fumble. maybe when he got to the line he saw the perfect call had been made, knew it was good for six and totally lost focus. i blame him. he couldve earned his million dollar salary for the year by just making that hand off.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote