Old 07-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #12
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Pirate fans: Loyal Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
what they deserve, and what theyve earned is what they have paid for... a major league ball team. the pirate fans deserve a winner.

i'll bash the crappy players and the shitty ownership group, but one thing i wont bash is the people of pittsburgh who get out there and support their team through thick and thin. if everyone had youre attitude you wouldnt have the freaking pittsburgh steelers to root for. they flat out sucked for 40 years. are you gonna rip on all the people who cheered for art rooney before he won anything? sure rooney and nutting are worlds apart but winning is winning and losing is losing and art rooney was a 40 year loser.

yeah, it sucks that the team is sorry but are you gonna call all the locals idiots for being baseball fans and seeking the entertainment they may be used to, or perhaps grew up with? the problem isnt just a pirate problem, its a baseball problem. the game is set up where people like steinbrenner should theoretically be able to buy a championship every single year leaving all other teams on the outside looking in.

just remember the pirate fans today are mostly fans of pittsburgh first, baseball, and the tradition of winning, more so than the crap theyve been pushing onto the field for the past 15 years.

i will be going to a game in about a month. perhaps i should just go piss away my $20 bucks in 3 minutes in a dollar machine at the new slot parlor?
So I'm a bad fan just because I'm sick to death of losing baseball, the boring summers, and wanting the Pirates to win? I was 3 years old the last time the bucs had a winning season. But it's all good because Pittsburgh comes first...always....
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote