View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #9
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: How should the US deal with immigration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I can't answer the poll until you add the word "illegal". I have nothing against immigration. Just sign the guest book on the way in, please. Then you are an immigrant. When you sneak across the border and set up camp in my country and expect me to educate your children, pay for your health care and feed your elderly, then you are a criminal.
Ha ha ha. For a moment I thought you were talking straight to me. When I was back in the US, I heard in a class that IF YOU actually COULD throw them out of the country, let's say in one night, the US economy would go down. Especially in the areas like Vegas, LA, San Diego, etc., possibly the entire West Coast could experience setback. And my understanding is that this is one of the reasons why they are not doing deportations in full scale thorougly. It's almost like some businesses want them there.

Also, even when there are millions of illegal workers are working in your country for low pay, the US big corporates are still moving their businesses to overseas for even lower cost. Silly thing is that they are not even moving those businesses to Mexico or Canada, which would've make more sense. So what would be right solution? Cuz to me, mass deportations is not gonna help, but make the situation worse.

Last edited by SteelersMongol; 07-01-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: grammar
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote