View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Fishing on Vancouver Island, BC.

SF,

Just got back from a short two days of Salmon & Halibut fishing in a place called Ucluelet on Vancouver Island, BC. Had to take a small eight passenger plane from Vancouver Airport, and landed on this tiny runway. Awesome fishing! First day the four of us, my big brother, brother in-law, and mom's new husband, limited on Chinook Salmon in just three hours! That's two each! One was 34 lbs. I was number two at 32 lbs.

Second day, we traveled out to sea for 20 miles. We caught seven halibut, eight Ling Cod, and two Spring Salmon. All Hali were about 20-30 lbs., Stink Cod were 25-30 lbs., and Salmon were high teeners.

We brought back over 100 lbs of wild fish for a 4th of July BBQ! What a blast!

Just thought I would share a great experience with my friends at SF! I was representing with my favorite Steelers hat, and long sleeve dri-fit gear! It was cold & raining, but who cares!

I have a great photo with one of my catches, but do not yet have the necessary 50 posts to attach the photo. Can I get some assistance? Thanks!

Last edited by fansince'76; 07-02-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Posted Photo for Poster
Steelerstrength is offline   Reply With Quote