View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: McClatchy to step down as CEO

Wow, I almost cried after reading this today. Kevin hit my soft spot with this one.....

Dear Pirates Fan:

Today I announced that I will be stepping down as the Chief Executive Officer of the Pittsburgh Pirates at the end of the 2007 season.

A decision of this personal and professional magnitude is not something you make overnight. It was something Bob Nutting and I have discussed even before the change of control took place in January and something I decided upon a few months ago. It is a difficult decision, but I felt the time was right to step down as the day-to-day leader of this franchise so the organization can move forward with a fresh leadership perspective.

I will remain as the active leader of the organization until the end of the season.
This will give the organization an opportunity to conduct a thorough search to find
my successor and ensure a smooth transition into the next chapter of Pirates history.

I have worked hard for more than 11 years in the best interests of the Pittsburgh Pirates, our fans and the community and will continue to do so. Nobody within the organization has given up on this season. I have confidence in this team. We have played better recently and remain focused on having a strong second half.

Thank you for your continued support of the Pittsburgh Pirates. I hope to see you at PNC Park during the second half of the season.

Sincerely,

Kevin McClatchy
Chief Executive Officer
Pittsburgh Pirates