Old 07-10-2007, 03:23 PM   #101
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: You can't smoke there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
In response to the article. Wow....

This is going to sound harsh... and I apologize up front.
__________________________________________________ ______

Why in the WORLD is the WHO funding and running an anti-smoking campaign? It is the dumbest thing I have heard... I have the same thoughts about that as I do about AIDS...

Diseases and deaths which come PRIMARILY because of personal decisions.....

SHould be put LAST on any funding by any government for research or prevention.

Caveat.... Money SHOULD be spent for education, but once the education is done, it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the person to make the choice.

How many more people die from breast cancer, heart attacks (even "healthy People"), Cancers which are NOT linked to personal choice, and diseases like typhoid and others that are stoppable... because money is being funneled away for stupid anti smoking campaigns... or to find cures for politically correct diseases.

If I had two people laying at my feet dying... and only one of them could be saved, I would take care of the one that ended up there through no decision making process of thier own.

Sure, it is very sad about the other... but it is MORE sad about those who are dying from CURABLE diseases because too much money is being spent on cures for diseases and things like cigarettes because it is the politically correct thing to do, even though they are PRIMARILY choice based diseases.

And no, they don't CHOOSE to get a disease... but they DO CHOOSE to expose themselves to diseases by their actions.

I would rather take care of the ones that get diseases NOT through a personal decision first...
Father - no disrespect intended here, but let me ask you something. Do you eat red meat? Red meat has been scientifically linked to high cholesterol levels and heart disease. So - using your theory - if there are two people laying at my feet dying and one is a vegetarian and one is a consumer of red meat - I should choose to help the vegeterian because the red meat eater made that "personal decision" to "expose themselves to diseases by their actions"?

Also - you may want to check with the state you live in to see if they charge consumers a cigarette tax and what they use that tax for. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that you, as a non-smoker, benefit from the tax put on cigarettes in some way, shape or form.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote