View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #18
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Well... I got canned...

I forgot to check in. Sorry.

The new job is great. I work outside everyday, though the heat can be a bit much, I love being in the sun and my farmer's tan is coming in quite nicely.

I think I love tending to the ballfields the most. I ride the John Deere with the drag in the infield and set up all of the lines with the chalk. I am tending to be a perfectionist when it comes to that part, which drives my coworker nuts. I love it, though.

Basically I ride tractors all day and get to be around a quiet side of baseball, as well. It just feels like part of the game. Baseball is such a traditional sport and it kind of cheesy, but I love being a part of it.

The other day I was driving the John Deere down the street doing from ballfield to ballfield. A little boy was standing in his front yard with his mom staring at me as I came by. He had the biggest smile on his face, little kids seem to love tractors, I just tipped my Pirates cap and gave him a smile. He was really excited.

I read in "Men of Steel" the other day that Lambert is into tending to baseball fields these days...

How can I dislike this job? Its rough being up at 6:00 every morning, but the labor has done wonders for my insomnia. Its 10:15 right now. Almost bed time at Ryan's house...

Thanks again for your support guys. I'm a happy camper.