Thread: best backfield
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277
Default Re: best backfield

Quote:
i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.
all slaton really does is run between the tackles, if u look under youtube and look up steve slaton u can see the highlights of him going between the tackles and then juking the saftey (hense georgia).......but yes mcfadden is indeed a stud and we will all see who comes out with that rb of the year trophy
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote