View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 05:07 PM   #27
madrax
Water Boy

Member Number: 325
Default Re: Burress not wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWard4Life8682
madrax what are you talking about. I would rather take a healthy burress than a wilson any day. Espacially with ben now
Yes, BUT... at what price? Would you rather have Wilson at $2M per year or Plax at $5M per? is the difference in production worth it?

I would also rather have Ladanian Tomlinson than Duce Staley, or Champ Bailey over Willie Williams. What the Steelers did was acquire a reasonably priced substitute so that they can address other areas of the team.

What happens if it comes time to extend Ward's contract but the Steelers can't because they tied up all the WR money on Burress? You have to make decisions and make do with what's available.

I think Wilson will put up numbers comparable to Burress' for a whole lot less cash. That makes sense to me. And remember, Wilson's had Rattay, Dorsey and Jeff Garcia (while Owens was there) throwing him the ball. Who knows how he'll blossom with Ben as his QB. And on the flip side, it'll be interesting to see what Burress does with Fiedler or Frerotte tossin him the rock.

It's too early to tell on this deal, but based on what we know right now, to me it seems like a wise decision by the front office.
madrax is offline   Reply With Quote