Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 PM   #37
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,633 Times in 2,877 Posts
Default Re: Vick indicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
T.H. and I had this discussion the other day in the context of whether a player should get suspended for a first DWI. Under the "substance abuse policy" no, but does the "code of conduct" trump that? In your analogies, the CEO has no CBA and the teacher very well may go on leave without pay once an indictment is returned pursuant to the terms of the CBA if a teacher's union is in the picture . With no union or contract you are an employee at will and, absent discrimination in violation of federal law, the employer can terminate you for any reason at all. It all depends on the terms of the CBA or other employment contract.

My bet is Vick's lawyers come out swinging and we will hear lots of references to the Duke lacrosse prosecution by his supporters in the coming days. I also look for boycotts of companies Vick endorses and, for that matter, the Falcons. This is going to get ugly.
excellent and informative explaination.

initial OJ and ray ray cynicizm (throw in jacko), had me thinking this would another simple case where the high profile celebrity just wins over the jury and judge and walks. however, like you said, this is dealing with the feds and actual eyewitnesses.

i never even gave a second thought to the public perception of all the GA locals being so loyal to the "bulldogs". it may seem trivial on the surface, but then i think of tj douchbag wiping his shoe with the terrible towel and what type of emotions that stirred up.

in the case of the feds vs vick, is there protocol to where that trial would be held? would it be in the nearest federal court to where the crime was committed, or would it be wherever the govt wanted to have it?