Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,964 Times in 3,515 Posts
Default Re: Vick indicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoCross View Post
I have heard the compare to hunting and fishing deal. But if we did not hunt, states would over populate with Deers to the point in years to come were you could not drive down the road without hitting one. We have had several times in Indiana in Brown county a extra hunting weekend to take more deers out because there were so many. But deer are part of are food chain to. Now if we were in a oriental country were dog is on some of there menu's then it could be turned around. But in America dog fighting is illegal and we must a bid by the laws. Go by air ports with corn fields around them now a days, since we cannot hunt near air ports no more, they are heavy in deer. I go by hulman air port and there is dang near 50+ deer out in the fields anymore. Heck we almost hit a group that was running across the street bouncing off the fence and runing back, was funny.
I agree completely the hunting & fishing analogy is bogus (I do not hunt but several of my uncles & cousins are avid hunters and regard the start of buck season as a high holy day).

Vick's mess is already beginning to seem like a political campaign where both sides have their talk radio talking points. As a Duke alum and someone who has a pretty fair idea of how the Justice Dept. operates I am dismayed by anyone who really believes they have enough information to credibly claim what happened to Evans, Seligman and Finnerty in the lacrosse prosecution is comparable to Vick's indictment.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote