View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #52
grifodan
Water Boy

Member Number: 5341
Default Re: What steeler have you met?

I was staitioned in Kaiserslautern, Germany and one day I was on my way to the Commissary (Military Grocery store) There were a lot of people in the store and I could not for the life of me figure out why. As I walked in I saw these guys sitting at a table at the front of the store. I thought to myself the one guy looked familiar. Sure enough, I look at the sign and see that it is Rocky Blier. Holy S$@T!!! I could not believe it. I noticed that they were only there for a short time and the time was almost up. I asked them if I could run to the sports store and buy a football for him to sign. He told me to go ahead and that he would wait. I run to the sore thinking to myself, " I doubt he is going to wait for me". I return back and there is Rocky sitting there by himself ( the other players had gone back tot he hotel) waiting! I could not believe it. I took out the un-inflated football and was handing it to him and he asked me what my name was. I told him that my name was Dan, but that my friends all called me Grifster. He looked at me and said," well, I guess I will have to sign this to the Grifster then" That was an experience I will never forget. That was just the coolest of cools. I have met a lot of celebrities and VIPs through my job, but that was the best experience of my life.