View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default NFL in UK stronger than ever

I have to say, I am absolutely pumped about this years coverage of the NFL on Skysports (cable based).

Here's what we are getting this year.

Quote:
*Pre-season: For the first time, six live pre-season games during August

*Sunday: Live Sunday evening ?triple-headers? throughout the regular season

*Monday: For the first time on Sky, ?Monday Night Football? live each week

*Interactive: Two extra live Sunday night regular season games via the red button

*Playoffs: Every game exclusively live from the post-season

*Super Bowl: Live coverage of the big game from Arizona on 3rd February 2008

*Extra matches: Pro Bowl, Thanksgiving Day, Thursday and Saturday night matches live

*Support: Including ?NFL Total Access? show six nights a week, a weekly highlights show, Sky season preview plus ?America?s Game? Super Bowl series
We had the 'triple-headers' last year - a live game shown from every slot (1PM, 4PM, and 8.30PM) - plus the option of an alternative game through the interactive utility (although i don't have this - my cable provider doesn't supply it).

We had MNF las year, too - but that was always shown on a terrestrial channel - makes no difference I suppose.

Im looking forward to the saturday night games, but the biggets thing will be the 'support coverage' through the week.

Quote:
For those that wish to keep up to date on daily news, views and analysis, Sky will be screening extensive support programming including ?NFL Total Access? six nights a week, a weekly highlights show plus ?America?s Game? Super Bowl documentary series.
The America's Game stuff will be a real treat - I have never seen much coverage of the older SB's - it would be great to see some action from the 70's Steelers.

Yep.

Im pumped.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote