View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075
Default Re: Watching The Game In Mixed Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I watch the Steelers games a lot with my wife and sister-in-law(Who I converted to a Steelers fan last year). I hear things during the games that I don't normally hear while watching the game with the guys or at the sports pub. Quotes from tonights game:

1) That Mike Tomlin is hot.

2) That Tomlin is like an older Omar Epps...And he speaks well too....

3) Ben has really lost some weight...He looks cute again...sort of

I enjoy watching the game with them because they truly get that Steeler football is special, and the organization is one of the best in the league. But.....I am going to have to write up a list of things that cannot be uttered during a game....And calling anyone on the field hot, is going to be #1.

Anyone else had similar experiences watching games in mixed company.

OK---first of all he DOES look like Omar Epps (from "House")---my husband was the first to point that out to me.

Second---if you make the rule it should go both ways---if they can't say Tomlin and Ben are hot then you can't say any cheerleader on the opposing team (or woman in a beer commercial) is hot.

Trust me, many of my guy -friends and family members have learned a thing or two about football watching the game with my sister and I----so you can't make a blanket statement about all "mixed company."

I'm glad your watching with them though---If you overlook the "hot" comments and take time to teach them about the game you may find by the end of the season they're able "talk" football with anyone.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote