View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,769 Times in 2,665 Posts
Default Bush War Adviser Says Draft Worth a Look

If the Democrats put this out as a rumor it would be denounced by the GOP as shameless political fear mongering but I assume this story is true.

Frequent tours for U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan have stressed the all-volunteer force and made it worth considering a return to a military draft, President Bush's new war adviser said Friday.

"I think it makes sense to certainly consider it," Army Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute said in an interview with National Public Radio's "All Things Considered."

"And I can tell you, this has always been an option on the table. But ultimately, this is a policy matter between meeting the demands for the nation's security by one means or another," Lute added in his first interview since he was confirmed by the Senate in June.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

The master plan to set up a GOP loss of historic proportions in 2008 continues to unfold as Bush pulls out all the stops to take a run at Nixon's all time disapproval rating of 67%. This position will certainly help solidify Republican support with voters under 25.

There is no doubt the sacrifices of the Iraq war are not being equally shared, but with regard to using conscription to fill up the military that train left the station 35 years ago and is not coming back.

I guess I missed Bush's speech during the 2004 campaign where he said bringing back the draft has always been on the table.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote