View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #174
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Offical 2006-2007 National Hockey League Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
You know...

Sadly, I am SO out of hockey (watching game by game), that I only recognize a few names on that list.
It's understandable Preacher. A good number of people lost interest in hockey when it started resembling MLB. I stuck through it because I love the game, but I can understand why many were turned off by the way the league was managed and the by the players strike.

The problem now for the NHL in the USA......finding a respectable station to put the games on. VERSUS already dropped the ball on a few occasions when it came to coverage and not everybody in the country has VERSUS. That doesn't help.

The sad part IMO, it's a great sport now that there is a cap (thank you Bettman) and a few new rule changes. Also, the ego's, legal problems and all the other B.S. that tend to follow other athletes in other sports doesn't really exist in hockey. It's a refreshing break.

You should try giving it a chance again this season Preacher. If you get VERSUS, we will be on eight times this year. Nice to see the NHL marketing the best player in the world. They are at least getting that part right.