View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Vote Ike for Pro Bowl 2006

VOTE IKE FOR PRO BOWL

Before there was the lockdown of Chad Johnson and the knockdown of a sure touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars, there was the tire, the rabbit and Deion Sanders for Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor. "He's done a lot and been through a lot to get where he is today," said Taylor's uncle, Herman Francois, who raised Ike on the outskirts of New Orleans since the seventh grade. "It's been a long road."

And a road less traveled.

Francois assisted in developing Taylor into the speedster (clocked at 4.2 seconds in the 40-yard dash) he is today with, arguably, the most unconventional workout program in modern history.

There was no "almost" about it when it came to covering the talented Johnson in a 27-13 win over the Bengals last Sunday in Cincinnati. The star wideout finished with four receptions for 94 yards, a total that included a meaningless 47-yard catch in the waning moments.

Coach Bill Cowher raved about his third-year cornerback moments after the game, as did Johnson, who said, "Ike Taylor is very good. I came into the game thinking it would be very easy, to tell you the truth. And he made me go into my bag of tricks, which is a good thing for the opponent. Therefore, he's in a class of his own."

And to think, when the Steelers used a fourth-round draft pick on Taylor, they had no idea what they were getting from the former Louisiana-Lafayette star.

Today, he's seen himself go from project to potential performer to possible Pro Bowler.

link......... http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_388234.html

Vote Taylor in 2006

If elected to office Ike promises to...

- Cover the best receivers in the NFL

- Lower scores 30%

- Reduce annual YAC rate to an all-time low

- And eliminate end-zone celebrations

Say "I like Ike" by voting here: http://www.nfl.com/probowl