View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Please refer me to where I said the Steelers D-line was "young" or younger than the Patriots..

What I said was that a 27 year old lineman with a history of injuries who is unable to play the first 6 games of the season because he has not recovered from offseason knee surgery has to be a point of concern and further noted that players with significant knee injuries can often have their skills erode in their mid-20s. If Casey Hampton had not been able to play the first six games of the 2005 season after his 2004 knee injury I would have been very concerned even though he was 27 at the time.

If this board can provide a crayon font I will use it the next time I have the audacity to claim the Pats are not the bestest most wonderfulest team of all time and that not all news about the Pats is good news

Nothing lasts forever

NM
Im simply highlighting the ridiculous nature of your criticism.

Quote:
You keep throwing out his age of 27 as if he is practicing law or investment banking - wear and tear on the knees of linemen carrying serious weight can erode skills fairly significantly while a player is still in his mid to late - 20s.
No mention of injury history here..or did you use 'invisible crayon' for that part?

You point was D-line players in their mid-to-late 20's are prone to injury - what then of the late 20 to 30 somethings that the Steelers sport?

If a Falcons fan came in here and attempted to criticise the Steelers QB situation - I expect that comparisons with the Atlanta QB situation to be forthcoming within seconds....its natural to make a comparison.

And I have admitted (more than once, now) that the Patriots will really miss those guys - I just don't buy into the sky is falling theory (probably a convenient one) because of some inevitable losses.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote