View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think it should be subjectively balanced. for instance, if one looks at moss' history of greatness as a reason to upgrade the patriots, they must also take into account moss' penchant for having hammy issues.

every team faces the random injuries, old or young. however some teams have more injury issues that could be a concern. other than random injuries that can happen to any steeler player, my main concern is ben with his constantly getting beat up and troy with his concussions and shoulder. now that haynes and duce are gone, i think most of our issues that we have with injury are gone too.

it just seems to me that the patriots have alot of lingering question marks going into the season. was there any indication that richard was gonna be possibly sidelined? it seemed to come out of the blue. i didnt follow the pats media too closely, and never heard any rumors that his rehab wasnt on schedule.

it makes me wonder if the health of maroney is just a smokescreen.
No-one really thought that Seymour would end up on PUP - I thought he may miss the first game going on what I heard on the Patriots forum.

Maroney looked completely comfortable - he was given a large 1st half workload against a hard hitting Panthers D and seemed to hit his stride.

Could he have a relapse? Certainly.

He never took the whole workload at Minny, but then again RB's that do - you often hear how they 'too many miles on the clock' before they even reach the NFL - so its 6 of one, half a dozen of other, really.

Sammy Morris looked pretty good, he fights hard for every yard and keeps his legs pumping during contact (something I hope Maroney improves this year) - so I expect him to take some of the load along with Faulk and Heath Evans.

As far as Moss goes, I rarely read an article about the move without having to hear about his suspect temperament or tight hammy's - I don't think anyone is trying to make out that this guy is going to transform the Patriots offense.

Possibly the most important offseason acquisition was Welker, we get stronger and the Dolphins (who always play us hard..damn them) get weaker.

For me the Stallworth and Moss moves have nothing but question marks at this point...the answers will only become evident as we move through the season.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote