View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #34
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i agree. he could be what b. stokely was to manning a few years back. and if brady has shown anything its that he will throw to the smartest person who knows the offense and knows how to find the holes in the defense. that person is welker. and the contract they gave him proves that, along with the picks they surrendered.

the 1 year deals they gave the 2 big names, and the fact that no wr's made the list of final cuts shows me the ammount of faith they have. they definitely have hedged their bets and not put all their chickens in 1 offensive basket. im even thinking dillon is on speed dial, incase of rb emergency.

however i have never really been concerned with their offense. and samuel signing could be a saving factor for their defense. so do they go after donovan darius?
I always thought we would carry 6 WR's - last years No.1 and No.2 receivers are now sitting at No.4 and No.5 in the depth chart, with Washington thrown in for good measure.

We do alot of multiple WR sets, so 6 seems like a sensible number.

Like most teams we will be greatly affected by losing our No.1 RB, it would be amazing to have Dillon come back in an emergency, thought I doubt he would have the hunger to put his body through the type of punishment his running style generates.

Our situation in the DB's is flexible, we released Artrell Hawkins fairly recently - im not sure if he was snapped up by the Jets or not, but he has always impressed when in the line-up.

Brandon Merriweather has had alot of work at CB in Asante's absence, but he is much happier at free safety.

I don't think we really like safeties that almost exclusively play the run (that would be a fair description of Darius?) - Harrison was/is so special because there probably isn't a strong safety in the NFL outside of Troy who has a better range of pass coverage.

So my guess would be 'no' to Darius.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote