Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,100 Posts
Default Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
It's pretty cool when you can say that Randy Moss is a bonus acquisition... I look for Welker to be the biggest factor though even when Moss is healthy... If for the only reason you got Moss and Stallworth is to keep Welker at slot where he excells it's worth it... Jackson seems to be the forgotten man ins this (Chad)... You have some incredible trade bait next year if he steps up his game...
chad jackson is the forgotten man because i think he has been put on the shelf. im not sure if he is on IR or the PUP so i dont know if he is out of action for 1 year or just 6 weeks. everything ive hear in speculation is that he needs to be shelved for the year to fully rehab and be given a fresh start next season.

what this basically means is he has absolutely no value whatsoever other than to the team who spent a 2nd round pick on him. he is pretty much a bust to this point.

now this dont mean much to the pats cause they gave away a 2nd and 4th rounder for moss and welker and had no problem dumping branch for a 1st. only 2 of their draft picks from 07 made the 53 man roster.

as it is, i think the pats have a whopping 8 wr's under contract-

t. brown
c. jackson
j. gaffney
r. caldwell
r. moss
d. stallworth
w. welker
k. washington

with all the impending defensive woes (suspensions, holdouts, and injuries) i think this is the 1 year where management decided it was best to let brady pretend he was manning or palmer and go out and try to win it all with his arm.

some would say its cutting edge and giving the most weapons to the best qb in the game. others would say its an act of desperation.