View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394
Default Re: Predictions for ratbirds game

I think this game will define what kind of Steelers team this is. Is it the one that loses to mediocre opponents, or is it one that kicks them while there down? I'm a little optimistic about this game I think one thing I've learned over Cowher tenure is that no game is a gimme. His conservative style maybe great at times, but it can become a disaster just think of the 2002 Falcons game. The Falcons outmatched the entire game then B. Cowher goes into turtle mode and the rest is history. While I don't think this game will end in a tie I do believe if we get a lead early we shouldn't completely abandon the pass. The Steelers can still burn clock while using short effective passes. B. Cowher has to remember he has a good QB at the helm and him forcing passes into coverage are very unlikely. Also I don't think he?s a fumbler in the pocket he does a good job of ball security. So put them away early and subdue any chances of a comeback with good balanced play calling. These are the kind of games that can turn into diasters. The Ravens haven't been able to run the ball, A. Wright is worse than K. Boller I can go on and on. So, if the Steelers come out dominate from the start and continue to the final whistle. Steelers should win easy 27-3.
Most teams are the epitome of weakness//when Ben drops back loud talkers become speechless//welcome to the "Burgh" will show you where the beef is//come to Heinz field and LeBeau will show you where the heat is.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote