View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #23
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902
Default Re: cowher still coaching? (predicts steelers 3rd in division)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
So what.........Yea its great to go to 6 AFC title games and only win 2.....Especially since 5 of those games were in the Burgh....lol

I'm glad Cowher is gone and it was long over due......I was a huge Cowher fan at onetime.....He was a very good football coach...But he sucked in big games...Thats his legacy to me.....A Super Bowl XL win doesn't erase all those other let downs...lol

Yes the players deserve blame also but I also put blame on the coaches as well.....
What portion of the blame does a coach deserve for horrible interceptions at crucial times or for special teams getting ran all over them. I look at super bowl XXX one of the best calls I've ever seen in a football game was the surprise onside kick that Cowher made. That call gave us a chance and Neil threw that chance right to Larry Brown of all people. I don't know why fans blame Cowher for that crap he was a great coach and a hall of fame coach I guess wining more games than another team during his tenure just isn't enough for some people.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote