View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Heres a question.

Are they going to take carries and passes away from WP (who I think is Pittsburgh No.1 offensive weapon) and give them to Carey Davis?

Its not like the guy is going to be 'spelling' Willie, he'll be on the field at the same time if he's the designated FB.

I guess what they really are saying is that Carey davis is a better blocker than Kreider - if thats true, either Kreider has lost more than step when everyone was looking the otherway, or............Carey Davis is going to be a hell of an offensive weapon.
tomlin addressed this in his press conference. of course willie needs a bit of time to get his legs under him and back in tip top game shape, but if hes up for it he will actually be getting the ball in his hands even more.

willie has worked very hard in the offseason to remain on the field for every down and tomlin said he recognizes it and appreciates it (and is all for it). of course he said gameplanning will have some effect on how many carries willie actually gets on a week to week basis.

kreider hasnt lost a step or any talent, its just that he usually telegraphs the play. defenders know to follow him to the ball more times than not. our playbook became more predictable and a move like this makes it a little less predictable...

i think its the element of suprise being cashed in on here as much as davis's multi-dimensional skills.