View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #24
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Kimo a Steeler again?

KIMO WAS TARGETED

A source with the Steelers admits the team attempted to sign then-free agent Kimo von Oelhoffen early this week after he’d been released by the New York Jets, but the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Steelers to the punch.
“The Eagles must’ve known something because that contract was almost done when we called Kimo’s agent,” said the source. “But we tried.”

For one week anyhow, the Steelers have a back-up defensive end who’ll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Nick Eason was released by the Browns at the end of last season and said, “I’m taking this game personal.”

Eason was with the Browns for parts of three seasons.

“It’s a personal game, but I just want to win,” he added. “(I’m) not looking to let the emotion of the game make me play without technique. I’ll play within the framework of the defense.”

Eason was asked if he sensed any differences in the two teams’ respective locker rooms before the rivals play.

“Every game, being a Steeler, is a big game,” he said. “In Cleveland, being that they’ve lost for quite many years now and don’t have many wins against the Steelers, it’s probably a Super Bowl. When I was there, playing the Steelers was a Super Bowl game for the most part.”

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote