83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers Notebook: 9/7/07

Notebook: Tomlin, team prepared for regular play
By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 7, 2007

• Mike Tomlin continues to play it cool leading up to his first regular-season game as head coach of the Steelers. When asked on Thursday if he felt if he was ready, Tomlin said, "I do, because I feel like our team is ready. It's really as simple as that for me."

• Browns cornerback and Duquesne product Leigh Bodden, possibly facing discipline from the NFL following his arrest on Wednesday night, expected to play in Sunday's season opener against the Steelers. Bodden, 25, pleaded not guilty yesterday to misdemeanor charges of aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was arrested a day earlier after police accused him of driving in reverse down a one-way street and becoming verbally abusive outside Cleveland's Hopkins International Airport, where he said he was picking up his family. Browns coach Romeo Crennel called the incident "a little run-in with the law." He said he expects to have Bodden for Sunday's game.

• Safety Mike Adams (groin), cornerback Gary Baxter (knee), linebacker Andra Davis (ankle), defensive end Orpheus Roye (knee), offensive tackle Kevin Shaffer (concussion), guard Eric Steinbach (knee), running back Lawrence Vickers (hamstring) and punter Dave Zastudil (back) participated on a limited basis in the Browns' practice yesterday. Quarterback Brian St. Pierre (toe) was used sparingly during the Steelers' practice. Steelers linebacker Marquis Cooper (hamstring) and Browns linebacker Willie McGinest (back) are out.

Digits

4 - Consecutive openers won by the Steelers, which ties the Falcons for the longest streak in the NFL.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_526145.html