View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Carey Davis named starting Fullback....I'm not sure how to feel about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
tomlin addressed this in his press conference. of course willie needs a bit of time to get his legs under him and back in tip top game shape, but if hes up for it he will actually be getting the ball in his hands even more.

willie has worked very hard in the offseason to remain on the field for every down and tomlin said he recognizes it and appreciates it (and is all for it). of course he said gameplanning will have some effect on how many carries willie actually gets on a week to week basis.

kreider hasnt lost a step or any talent, its just that he usually telegraphs the play. defenders know to follow him to the ball more times than not. our playbook became more predictable and a move like this makes it a little less predictable...

i think its the element of suprise being cashed in on here as much as davis's multi-dimensional skills.
Well, that makes sense - you have to give your best weapon as many looks and touches as possible.

Is it fair to say that all FB's telegraph the play?

Unless its a play action pass, you have to think that the run is always going to follow the FB's lead block.

We'll see how this plays out, I guess they want their FB's to do more than just block in Pittsbrugh these days.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote