View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #61
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,408 Times in 510 Posts
Default Re: cowher still coaching? (predicts steelers 3rd in division)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
Now who said that Cowher had to find a Brady? Who?????

I IMPLIED THAT FINDING A VETERAN-JOURNEYMAN QB, such as the Ravens did with Dilfer wouldn't be a difficult thing to do.

To your Broncos and Dolphins comments. What "GREAT QB" were Cowher's Steelers trying to replace? I believe that the Broncos now have a decent QB. Prior to that I'll give them much credit for trying to replace Elway. Jake wasn't bad. That's my point, Cowher knew that his QB was less than average but he never attempted to find an adequate replacement via free agency or by a high draft choice. At least the Broncos recognized their need for a QB and made efforts to find one. Who cares about the Dolphins? Their problems go well beyond the loss of a QB.

I know all about the 94 Browns/Steelers playoff game. I attended that game and it still ranks as one of my top 3. And the next week Cowher got SPANKED by the sorry Chargers. So I assume that Cowher is a better coach because he beat Belichick when Belichick was in Cleveland? OK! When I compare the 2 coaches the aforementioned game carries about 3 ounces of weight on the factor scale.

Hey just to let you know, that Plan B touched all the NFL teams. You can't use that as a crutch that was specific to only the Steelers.
You think Dilfer was responsible for the Ravens winning that SB? Well, that makes about two people in the world that believes that - you and Dilfer himself.

What great QB were the Steelers trying to replace? Try Bradshaw - for 20+ years. Hence my comment about the Broncos. Plummer was at-best an average QB, just like O'Donnell was, who couldn't get the team over the hump in the one game they didn't jump out to a big lead in (see 2005 AFCCG) and HAD TO PASS to have any chance to win.

Yep, I know that Plan-B affected the whole NFL. Would you have preferred the Steelers played fast-and-loose with the salary cap in the mid-90's like the Niners did, only to go through salary cap purgatory for years afterwards and falling into the realm of the Lions (which they're only now starting to crawl out of), or remained for the most part competitive the whole time? I prefer the latter, personally.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote