View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #166
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: ravens vs. bengals

Some final comments on the Bengals:

The offense looked nowhere near as good as it should have, even though they were facing arguably the best defense in the league, they still should've done more if they want to be considered as one of the best offenses in the league.

Carson looked rusty at times...hopefully, this will iron out as the season goes on, he missed quite a few throws that he should have made, but at least he didn't have any turnovers.

The offensive line definitely missed Willie Anderson, Levi Jones, and Eric Ghiaciuc, but they didn't do too shabby with only 2 starters.

I really liked what I saw out of the defense for the most part. Leon Hall was playing like a shut-down corner. They were getting very good pressure and they were swarming to the ball, as apparent by the turnovers. I liked the energy out of the defense and think they'll be better than most expected.

The special teams were a disarray. Shayne Graham needs to get healthy quickly and the kick coverage needs to get their act together....allowing a TD to Ed Reed?

It was an ugly game, but I'm glad the Bengals could finally put the Ravens away in this one...something they failed to do down the stretch last season. Considering the Ravens were the top dogs in the division, I'm encouraged by the win.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote