View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
kinzua
Water Boy

Member Number: 6882
Default Re: Steelers vs Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic
According to the local news (I live in Bills country), the locker room mood after last Sunday's game was downcast. If Coach Jauron can get his troops to "win this one for Everett", we could be in for a long day. We also have to be wary about the Bills special teams. This is the one area where the Bills are really good.

Their O is pretty dangerous, since their new running back is the real deal. Loserman to Evans can be dangerous, and Peerlice Price, although getting up there in years, can still be a threat.

Defensively, the Bills are actually worse than the Browns IMO. One of their starting LBs went down in training camp, and his replacement went down last Sunday. They also lost a starting CB and a starting Safety last Sunday. Their only decent defensive lineman (Ellison) is still hurt and won't play.Buffalo's run defense is about as intimidating as Cincinatti's, so Parker should have a field day. They also can't stop a scrambling QB. Don't be surprised if Big Ben gets 50+ yards running.

The only 2 things that worry me about the Bills are their special teams and how they'll react to Everett's injury.
You need to pay better attention to the local news. Keith Ellison was the starting LB who went down in TC, not "theironly decent defensive lineman ". Pro Bowl DE Aaron Schobel (14+ sacks in 2006) and his partner DE Chris Kelsay are both ready to go. All the DTs are good to go.

The Bills got gashed and mauled by the Broncos, but the season openers are notoriously dicey and frequently aren't a real indication of how good or bad a team is. More to the point, the Steelers don't have a pair of corners as good as Champ and Dre, who made believers out of me!

FYI: Big Ben is not nearly as fast nor as strong as Vince Young ...
#85 Kevin Everett ... in our thoughts and prayers ...
kinzua is offline   Reply With Quote