View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Easterbrook and TMQ

Yeah, I love reading that guy.

He writes from a fans perspective, asking the questions we always end up asking the TV every week.

I totally agree with the lily-livered preposterous punt theory - its embarrassing to watch some of these teams in damage limitation mode when the game is theoretically still there to win.

Down 17 points to a team like the Colts you have to make something happen you can't just sit back and hope it does.

I love his coverage of college football, too - I don't get alot of exposure to it over here - but some of the stuff he highlights seems almost unbelieveable.

Strong teams essentially picking their own schedule, the crazy system that has so many teams qualifying for 'Bowls' even though they had poor records - and now teams even hedging their bets by playing more games at home than away.

Great stuff.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote