View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #44
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283
Default Re: I'm not buying what Vick is selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
I know that it is easy to get down on someone that is in trouble like he is. Now, I am a father of 2 wonderful children, but ya know something? There is something wrong with our nation that takes dogfighting this serious and there are people out here every day that kill or beat their children and they dont get more than 2 years... whats up with that? There is a man down in S.C. recently here had shaken his child to death and he got 2 Freekin' Years!!!!!!! And someone kills a dog... or 3 or whatever and he is getting just almost the same punishment!!! What is up with our justice system?
What A Joke... Vick would have gotten off cheaper killing a child than he will for killing some stupid dogs...
The system is jacked, especially if a child killer only gets two years! You cannot argue that the punishment for various crimes should, and has only been in few cases, revised to reflect our current values as a society!

But that does not mean that Vick should get less than two years for his actions! And they are far from "stupid dogs". Re-read my post on the things Vick did wrong. This is not a case of only killing dogs.

I am a father as well, and own dogs. It does not have to be one vs the other here. A childs life is very precious, and they are so innocent. You cannot ever replace a child!