Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: Steelers' Ward docked $5,000 for late hit on Browns CB Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I still never heard a whistle before the hit. But if Ward says the hit came late, I'll take his word for it.
Maybe Ward should issue a statement like this:

I accept full responsibility for the actions that led to today's ruling. Once again, I apologize to the Rooney family and every person directly or indirectly associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the embarrassment, distraction and penalty my mistake caused. I also apologize to Steelers fans and would like to thank them for their support during the past few days and throughout my career.

My block had no impact on the outcome of last week's game. I have never engaged in conduct that has resulted in a penalty to obtain a competitive advantage while the game was in progress.

Part of my job as a Steelers player is to ensure that our football operations are conducted in compliance of the league rules and all accepted interpretations of them. My interpretation of a rule was incorrect.

With today's resolution, I will not be offering any further comments on this matter. We are moving on with our preparations for Sunday's game.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote