View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #21
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Roethlisberger/Arians on same page

Quote:
"Bruce and I go up after practice on Fridays, I sit up there and we go over the whole game plan, 'this is what I like, this is what I don't like,'" Roethlisberger said. "We do it a couple times a week.

"The plays that we scored on were all plays that I told him I liked."

Roethlisberger is also being asked to change the blocking assignments for the offensive line at the line of scrimmage when necessary and encouraged to call audibles for the first time this season.

He estimated that stuff came up about 10-plus times in Cleveland.

He wasn't required to deal with those added responsibilities more often because the Steelers never went to their no-huddle package because they produced big plays as opposed to sustained drives and because he and Arians were apparently in agreement as to how to attack the Browns.
Funny... When I read it, what I took out of it was more of... Arians is a good OC... he puts the plan together... then comes and talks to me about it. We focus on what I am comfortable with as a QB, and discard somethings I know I can't do or am not comfortable doing (note: those are probably many of the things that led to an interception) instead of forcing those plays on me. All 4 scores last week were plays I told Arians I was comfortable with.

And really... I don't see how it should be any different, or how he should say anything different.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote