Old 09-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default Re: Roethlisberger/Arians on same page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I'm tired of this real team talk.....I guess people forget that the Steelers struggled against the Browns last year in Cleveland?...It took a late TD for the Steelers to beat the Browns...lol

The Steelers were supposed to blow out the Browns and they did that last week......
the 1st 5 games of our season will be looked at as nothing more than an extension of the preseason.

we had a league best record in preseason but all we hear is "yeah but, its preseason".

we can have a league best record after the 1st 5 games and all we will hear is "yeah but, its against inferior competition".

these are looked at as warm up games because of the steelers high expectations, so it is important that we keep on blowing out the teams were supposed to blow out.

the 1st loss will be brutal. which leads to ben. he needs to take the approach that coaches coach and players play. im happy for him and the team that he is given more input, responsibility, and feels more comfortable. its good for the team.

but he is setting himself up for alot of scrutiny the 1st time the team loses when he throws 2 int's. whats the point in having the media scrutinizing him for calling out of a play or blaming arians for calling a dumb play. why would he even want to mess with the media asking ben

"was the interception you threw in the 4th quarter your fault or arians?" or "why didnt you check out of that play?" etc.