View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts
Default Re: It's official: Ben out 1-2 weeks

Good thing Steelers pulled out the Monday nite game - if the announcements on Ben and Bettis had been made after a loss giving away the Ravens game I would be more upset than after the Jax mess.

Any word on when Bettis got hurt? He looked fine on the 11 yard run prior to the winnning FG.

Time for the D to carry the team for a few weeks and for Duce to get some carries against two bad teams the next two weeks.

After reading Bouchette's story online in the P-G this morning, I actually am relieved (of course not glad) that the future of the franchise is being sat down for a few weeks, both for this season and Ben's health in years to come.

Finally, the chunks of turf on helmets appeared to indicate field was its typical midseason mess on Monday nite, with the worst to come after Pitt and the WPIAL playoffs chew it up some more this month. I know injuries can happen anytime and anywhere, but losing two backs to knee injuries on that bog makes me wonder if something else needs to be done to fix one of the worst fields in the NFL.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote