View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Hate to say this but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydfan4life View Post
The Chargers are headed nowhere this year and there's two words to confirm that. Norv Turner.

The Patricheats on the other hand do look like a well oiled machine this early in the season. We'll see if they can keep up the tempo.

Me personally? I'm looking forward to Dec 9th.
Smack talk to one side - im really looking forward to it too - Pittsburgh/New England games have always seemed like a clash of the giants in the last 5/6 years or so.

I think people are being overly critical of the Chargers - they beat the SB finalists in the first game while not being at their best and then run into possibly the most talented team in the league on a real good day.

Rivers is a decent NFL QB (Manning has looked just as bad, if not worse against the Patriots in the past), LT is the premiere RB in the NFl and they have two potentially dominant lines.

That says playoff football to me - I really don't see Denver beating them out for top spot - who are quite possibly the most fortuitous 2-0 team in the league.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote