Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Lewis 'smug and condescending'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
I actually listened to this press conference live and Marvin Lewis was nothing short of an *******. He insulted the media's intelligence on several occasions and made a lot of irrelevant jokes which he laughed at quite smugly. The radio shows have been bashing Marvin pretty hardcore lately.

As far as the Bengals as a team go, the best reasoning I've heard so far is that they have a 12-4 offense and a 4-12 defense, thus they balance out at about an 8-8 team. Many people have started saying that the Bengals resurgence hasn't been because of Marvin as many people believed before but because of Carson Palmer...without him they would still be a 4,5,6 win team with Marvin as coach.
That is a pretty good assessment there, CS. Palmer is the reason why the Bungles are somewhere around mediocre, but he cannot do it all by himself. It's like I said in the Bungles/Brownies thread - it doesn't matter how many points you can score, if you can't stop the other team, you aren't going to win consistently. It's as simple as that.

I'd say if the Bungles lose their next 2 games, Uncle Marv will really be feeling the heat.