View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 10:32 AM   #32
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Lewis 'smug and condescending'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
No he is not better than either of them (yet). But he is better than Palmer if you want to win. Ben can win games that Palmer only puts up big stats in (Bengals VS Browns anyone???)...
Ben can win games because he actually has a defense. It should never be a quarterback's fault that a team loses a game when he throws 6 touchdown passes.

Are you saying that if Ben played for the Bengals, he would have been able to improve on a 113.4 rating, 401 yards, and 6 touchdowns and single-handedly win that game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I can name about 10 receivers before Johnson that I would rather have. He had a few drops in your last game, isn't a sound run blocker, talks up his play way higher than it actually is, gets injured (Or nearly) injured too often. I would always take the better all around player over the better pass catcher. Even if we were strictly debating the route running/pass catching part of the position Randy Moss is a better player right now.
I just don't get it...Chad isn't an elite receiver because of his antics? Let's put out the facts here...he's led the AFC in receiving yard the past 4 years, he led the entire NFL in receiving yards last year, and he's already leading the NFL in receiving yards through 2 games this season.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Chad doesn't have a ring...but Chad also doesn't have a complete team to back him up.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote