View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: Patriots | Harrison suspended

way to go ramrod! looks like its 2 sb's he was juiced up for. its safe to assume there were plenty of his teammates that were sticking eachother in the butt to not gain a competitive advantage in those injury plagued seasons.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...73&format=text

Quote:
Report: Harrison bought HGH in ’04

Days before the Patriots beat the Tennessee Titans at a freezing Gillette Stadium in the 2004 playoffs, safety Rodney Harrison placed his first order for HGH, according to a story in Sunday’s Albany Times Union.

The story, which cites unnamed law enforcement sources, said Harrison received a package of preloaded syringes at his home about two weeks before the Patriots beat the Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Harrison would go on to make several discreet calls placing more orders over the next three years, the paper reported.

Harrison admitted to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in late August that he received illegal drugs and was suspended for the first four games of the season. He denied ever taking steroids, but in a statement on Aug. 31 said he took the drugs to help recover from the injuries he sustained over a 13-year NFL career.

“My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge,” he said.

Harrison started all 16 games in 2003 for the first time since 2000. He also started all three playoff games. He returned in 2004 to once again start 16 games and sealed the Super Bowl victory over the Eagles with an interception.