View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Hate to say this but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
The Patriots are looking scary mighty. Perhaps unbeatable. And maybe they are. But it's a long season. Titles aren't won in September.

The Jets are overrated. And the Chargers are going nowhere this year. Rivers is exposed, no WR's, and Norv Turner is their coach. Nothing else needs to be said. But like a good team, the Pats destroyed them. They will be a tough challenge.

I really think its a little early to be writing off the Chargers - I know im not.

Every team has a flaw of some description - the Chargers have attempted to address the WR position through the draft and it normally takes while for them to get up to speed, more so than any other position.

Rivers is no Grossman - I think he still has plenty of potential but he and LT need a little time to get accustomed to the changes that a new HC brings.

The thing is, you start writing off the Chargers...then you have to ask who the good teams are in the AFC.

The Ravens?

The Colts?

Who is going to beat the Chargers to the AFCW?

The Bronco's have looked very ordinary and KC is on the downswing...the Raiders surely aren't close.

The fact of the matter is that the Chargers have played (arguably) the best team from each conference in their first two games - compare that to the Steelers opposition who are both extremely unlikely to reach the postseason.

Its too early to jump to conclusions based on such a wide range of opposition.

Mark my words, San Diego will make the playoffs.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote