View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Tomlin Turns the Wizard Loose

Quote:
Part of the reason for the increase in sacks, players say, is the movement of the defenders. LeBeau has players running all over the place, more so than before.

"Yeah, I think we're a lot more active," Polamalu said. "We're not as conservative. We're kind of initiating what the offense needs to do and not reacting to what they are doing."

No one jumped around from place to place more often than Polamalu in previous seasons; now, he's not the only one doing it.

"I think it means more running around for everybody," Polamalu said. "Guys are moving around more, we have new packages. Guys are feeling a lot more comfortable with everything."
This has been very noticeable in the first two games and has obviously confused the hell out of the opposing O and their OC.

Though I understand a HC's position in being ultimately responsible for the whole enchilada, I've always believed that when a team is blessed to have outstanding coaches/coords, as the Steelers have in Dick Lebeau, they should be entrusted with making all of the the decisions and calls as they apply to their unit(s). As the article above states, it is pretty obvious that Coach Tomlin has complete faith in Lebeau and is letting him run the show defensively.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote