Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Steelers deja vu all over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Steelers deja vu all over again
Same formula for Pittsburgh
John Crumpacker, San Francisco Chronicle Staff Writer

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Funny thing about the Pittsburgh Steelers: They change head coaches for only the second time in 38 years and they still look like the Pittsburgh Steelers......

Starting 2-0 has made it much easier for the players to believe in new head coach Mike Tomlin, a 35-year-old disciplinarian who took over a Pittsburgh team coming off an 8-8 season, one year removed from the Super Bowl championship.

"So far, guys are buying in," wide receiver Hines Ward said. "He's a great coach. A guy coming in his first year, expectations are going to be high. Coach Tomlin, he wants to do it his way. It's not coach (Bill) Cowher's team. It's not coach (Chuck) Noll's team. It's his team. The 53 guys he decided to keep are the 53 guys he liked. We like the makeup of our team."
What I like about Tomlin is he is very intellegent, pays attention to detail and is big on preparation. BUT he is not a control freak/micro manager. He is smart enough to allow Ben & the coaches to do their thing. Add his composure which is beyond his years, and the obvious respect he has earned from his coaches and team. I really like this guy so far....

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote