View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Peter King's MVP Watch

I like the two Patriots featured in the top 5 for obvious reasons - both have been almost perfect through 3 weeks - taking away dropped catches Brady has thrown about 5 or 6 off target passes through 3 games - to me, that is awesome.

I think it also puts the Peyton Manning thing in perspective - I still think Peyton has the better top 2 WR's - based mostly on time spent together and familiarity which is huge - yet give Brady some elite weapons and he blows the guy off the park from a stat standpoint.

Passer ratings 141.8 for Brady, 104.9 for Manning.

10 TD's brady, 5 for Manning.

I guess Tom will have to win 4 SB's for every one that Peyton wins though - just to get his due as the better QB by far.

As far as team ratings go, I went on record pre-season saying that the Steelers were being masively overlooked - and now the balance has swung the other way (as it typical with the goldfish mentality of the NFL) and Pittsburgh is being given too much credit for beating 3 teams who im sure won't make the postseason.

Not one of those teams seriously threatened to put enough points on the Steelers D to actually place Ben under any type of pressure.

But then that is probably a result of pre-season powerhouse teams such as San Diego and Baltimore (aswell as the Bengals for whatever reason) being less than impressive through 3 weeks.

FWP is indeed the man for Pittsburgh - he is the one who makes it all happen the RB is the guy who has set the tempo in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin looks to be much the same.

Roethlisberger has avoided basic mistakes that allow the rest of his team the luxury to go out make plays on both sides of the ball - the Steeler D is real, and I never thought it would be any different.

We'll get a true picture of how Ben responds to adversity during weeks 7 through 9 (Denver, Cincy and Baltimore) - those are the first real tests I expect where the opposition will be able to limit the run or put big presure on the Pittsburgh DB's and create potential for a shootout.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote